Sunday, August 28, 2011

In and Out....


So I am suddenly single? Am I? Wasn’t I one always? Remember the pep talks? Every man is an island…blah.. blah… blah…
Well, I would have to be inhuman if I say that this status doesn’t affect me. But to tell you the truth, I am not crying buckets and listening to sad songs. I have no regrets. I wanted it, I got it. My friends think I am mad as a hatter and stubborn. Yes, I am a lot many times. But that was not in play here. I was justified in sticking to my stand.
I was on a vacation, and life presented me a bouquet of opportunities. And ‘it ‘just happened… out of the blue. I think time just warps in places like this and you fall in love with the blue cool of the sea, the azure sky, the golden beach. The special moment beguiles and captivates you…… and you are lost forever. And you could actually spend the rest of your natural life wandering aimlessly without realizing it.
Spending 3 to 4 hours with him was more intriguing personal time I had spent in months. This is it. I finally found someone… and my life has just begun.
It brought out the best in me. I decide to go ahead with it and face the consequences that came along with it. It’s as simple as that. I am an adult and I decide for myself my life, my rules.
Was that what I wanted? After all I should have known better. I couldn’t fathom the weakness in me that craved for ‘those’ words, promises and plans. Couldn’t I be content with what I was and not always dream about what could be? It didn’t matter what I told myself… I realized. I was smitten… so stupidly that no one had a clue.
It lasted only for a couple of weeks…
Hey, I am willing to listen and open to discussion. You do make adjustments and try to find the common ground and that’s reasonable. But listen, don’t give me your ultimatums. It is a deal breaker. One needs to change with times. Listen to your heart once in awhile. You need to think… I believe it’s just a mind set, if you can think you can have your way, and then you want to have it all the way. But that’s not it..
You don’t owe me anything. I think for myself, decide for myself, just as I always have. And I sure won’t let anyone do it for me now.
Maybe some day I will find someone who will listen to my heart and understands me. Till then I will continue to spin improbable dreams…

1 comment:

  1. very well described situation.but u deserve d best and future is waiting for u with open arms n lots of happiness.AMEN.

    ReplyDelete